Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR MARCH ....2014, 5 by ianperry

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ianperry

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR MARCH ....2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR MARCH ....2014
ianperry wrote:
Hi all, another day and nothing done after paid work. That is not going to last long either and that is one of the reasons I am planning to move. The money tree has been shaken and there is no fruit left to fall.I think this is a world wide happening though.
Nev the plants under the citrus trees are my white varigates and will not be staying here. They stand out amongst the other colours but with too much light they sometimes go reddish, so I keep them in the shade. The down side to this is that they can get a bit leggy.
Hoh leopoldi-horstii will grow to about 18" to 2'' high and about 6" thick through the base. It takes full sun here and goes almost black, if shade grown it stays greenish.
The giant Panda snail if bred for restaurant would still take 12 to the dozen but would fill a big plate.
I do not have Gold Nugget but say it on fb some time back with the comments that it was a grex mate of J C Superstar. Gold Nugget is not as clearly marked and maybe that is why some JCS don't live up to expectation. It is almost there but not quite. Just a consideration.
I love that Apricot Nectar.
Have a good one
Ian
Pic 1 Portea petropoliana vae extensa
Pic 2 Bil Fantail jc80562
Pic 3 Bil Fantasia
Pic 4 Nid longiforium (innocentii) old name
pic 5 Some space where I have cleaned.