Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR MARCH ....2014, 5 by ianperry

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ianperry

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR MARCH ....2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR MARCH ....2014
ianperry wrote:
Hi all, just another day of sorting and cleaning and preparing for the big move. Now to find the handbrake control and get it off. The finances are tight but I think we can make it work.
I have to redo all my lists as I transferred them all to my External hard drive and it has now decided it is time to retire and has gone off on holidays. Well that will teach me to keep all my eggs in one basket. Well at least most of my plants have been numbered and there is a written copy on pieces of paper, but the plans have been moved, given away or sold or swapped or whatever. This could be fun and as I am moving challenging. It will have to be done at the other end anyway so another practise run will not hurt. I have acquired more plants and not recorded them all so it is not complete anyway.
Nev that Til looks like one of the ionanthas but which one I have no clue
The plastic venetian blind strips seem to be working for me and others around here, I have only been using them for 12 months or so and use a 2b lead pencil for marking them. It is surprising how many people use the common lead pencil on name tags. They are simple, inexpensive and work. Just don't rub them while wet. I have even written on wet tags and the names stay.
Dyckias are sun lovers and are good border plants if you want to keep getting spiked. There are some stunning colours and shapes and are best to be seen and not handled..
Thinking of prefix names, which are similar to grex names like Totara that Peter Coyle uses or Kolan which Russel Holzeimer used will these be next to be disallowed.I would hope not.
Teresa I think the problem with the grex manes is that it is too simple, anyone can understand it. It does not fit in with the technology of today. But then there could be the thinking that Bromelaid growers are different to Orchid growers and must have different rules. It is just political bs to me.Just maybe your body is telling you to slow down for a while. I have just come out of this type of feeling .
A grex mate of J C Superstar is called Gold Nugget.
Have a good one
Ian
Pic 1 Vr Red Chestnut
Pic 2 Varigated ginger
Pic 3 Under the citrus trees
Pic 4 Hoh leopoldi-horstii pup
Pic 5 Giant Panda snail. A native of tropical rain forrest.