Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Trees, Shrubs and Conifers: Aronia Arbutifolia Planting, 5 by ViburnumValley

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ViburnumValley

In reply to: Aronia Arbutifolia Planting

Forum: Trees, Shrubs and Conifers

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Aronia Arbutifolia Planting
ViburnumValley wrote:
Proselytize, proselytize, proselytize.

The life blood of any organization is participation, and new members bring new energy and ideas. Without new members, organizations age and can become stale - or simply, well, become plant food.

I am contacting/visiting professional members (growers, arboreta, schools, regional chapters) to familiarize myself with current perspectives, and entertain ideas for moving the organization forward.

Ultimately, this (and any) plant society is people orbiting and congregating around a common interest. Comraderie, plant talk, travel, good food/drink - shared experiences.

My duties include leading the interim meeting in Millville, NJ in June and assisting with organizing the 67th Annual Meeting at Rutgers University in NJ in October.

Another component of successful organizations is keeping their profile up. There are more ways than ever to gather information, and HSA is working hard to be visible across that spectrum.

With that, I'll quit hijacking Sequoiadendron's post.