Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR MARCH ....2014, 5 by bromishy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bromishy

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR MARCH ....2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR MARCH ....2014
bromishy wrote:
Hi Everyone!

I am so way behind in reading everyone's posts so best I just start afresh otherwise I will get nowhere quick and better to start somewhere than not at all.

Life is still very hectic both at work and at home but our friends who were staying with us have now moved out and into their new home and we now have our freedom back which is nice as no matter how much you try not to break routine when you have visitors you still do and feel out of sorts in your own place and it is not as quiet as we usually like it.

Please bear with me while I get back into some normal routine as I am still very out of sorts at the moment as we try to get everything back on track. My work load at work has increased by half but I am not the only one that has been affected given all the people that have been let go.

To pick my spirits up I have decided to set-up a stall at one of our local markets in a couple of week’s time and try to sell some of my broms so have been busy potting up spare plants as well as other cuttings I have already established in pots such as heliconias and gingers. It is giving me something to look forward to and I have my tent, table and table cloth organised and just need to organise some colourful signage to hang in front of my table as a banner and then I am right to go. The main reason I decided to set-up a stall at the market was because I am finding it too time consuming at the moment to sell them in dribs and drabs and thought I might do better at the market to help free up some space around the garden to fill with more broms most likely he he and the money will come in handy for supplies. By preparing for the market I have already created some good space in the garden with over 50 pups already potted up for the market (no two alike).

Other than that we have been busy mowing lawns and gardening both at home and at our investment property that has just gone under contract which we are thrilled to bits about as this also will be one less thing on our mind as we have been greatly disappointed with all the Real Estates that have previously been our Property Managers who have really dropped the ball managing or property and the tenants that have resided there over the years.

Anyway I hope everyone is well and sorry I did not ask this in the very beginning, how rude of me.

We have a lot of wind here today but no rain as such but they say a low will come in by Friday so possibly lots of rain coming our way by end of week?

Anyway time to have a looksee and see if I have any pics I can share with everyone, I have not taken new pics in ages?

Take Care and Happy Gardening!

Trish