Clematis: Ordered these and what size pot should I use, 5 by Gourd

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Gourd

In reply to: Ordered these and what size pot should I use

Forum: Clematis

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Ordered these and what size pot should I use
Gourd wrote:
Last night I drew out a couple of plans, one is to plant all 11 fireflames in front of the chain link fence in an "L" shape. Then the two lost tags together in the raised bed near that area next to a cattle panel.

Next, plant one Patricia Ann in each 15 gallon pots (6 total) with trellis in each one to place in the patio, there is no roofing in this patio just walls.

Then, I will put all my little bell types in the other raised beds were I have other vines growing.

Pill, that link you posted was incredible, it has to to be breathtaking to see something like this in person.

I don't know how the heat an sun is going to affect the flowers here, I literally live in between lots of farming fields, it does get 10 degrees cooler when they irrigate, but I do have to water everyday or the plants shrivel up. The three Clem's I do have are shaded by passion vines that are about100feet across on cattle panels so, the only ones ill worry about are the ones on the patio till I figure out the sun times in eac area. I have alot going right now as far as getting things established. It is very challenging that is for sure,. Cactus has been my special love for so many years so this in fairly new to me.

Carolyn, I couldn't believe that all I paid for all those Clem's. this is a chance that doesn't come often I thnk. It will let me push my gardening skills some and not break the bank doing it. I'm heading out to buy some bonemeal , what I had was blood meal .. So ill pick up both bonemeal and some manure for Mondays work.. Lol. I have a full time job at home.

Thank you for the advice both of you.

Pirl, the three you planted in the first photo were in the ground? I know what you mean about our expectations,.

So are the 15gallon pots bad a bad idea, too big? They would line the inside a smaller area against the wall where the trellis would stick out on the other side where the pots would not be seen, only the flowers. On the other side of this wall. I removed the pots on the wall here, they were placed there to take photos of them.