Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Bloomin in June pt2, 5 by typwc

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright typwc

In reply to: Bloomin in June pt2

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bloomin in June pt2
typwc wrote:
Hi All! I'm new to the forums but been lurking around DG for a while now as a non-subscriber, even doing trades a bit this year. So far my experiences on DG have been great. I've been longing to find people as crazy about plants as me and you've been here all along!

I was told that I should tell a bit about myself so here goes: I've been a plant lover for as long as I can remember. I'm a plant biologist by profession. I love a lot of plants, but I'm very particular about what goes in my own garden. I love to know the variety names of plants that I grow (yes, I'm one of THOSE people). I have a short attention span for plants and rotate them a lot, and so I have grown to appreciate annuals for this reason. My garden is about 4 years old. I love a challenge, and have found it in plant propagation (esp. by seed). My passion for planting is only limited by my small yard, itty-bitty budget, and time (full time worker, wife, and mom). I love to plant my front yard bed differently every year and wow my neighbors! I love tulips, hostas, coleus, caladiums, etc.

Here's a few of my bloomers, only FIVE pictures??? Hard to pick just 5!
1. Red Sea Ageratum. Very proud of this one, I had a tough time growing it from seed for some reason.
2. (do foliage-only plants count as bloomers?) Hosta Guacamole, Salvia May Night, unidentified coleus, flowering tobacco, petunias (they're actually purple not blue), amish cockscomb just starting, also a zinnia Envy flower behind the hosta.
3. Monarda Rasberry Wine with a Crocosmia bloom spike. sorry it's sideways!
4. Mass of Rudbeckia Indian Summer (WOW!), Shasta Daisy Alaska, Monarda, Purple Coneflower.
5. Purple Coneflower and Drumstick allium. The pictures just don't do this combination justice. I was starting to get bored with the coneflowers and the drumstick alliums, but they both really got it together this year and it's a really great purple combo!

Anyway, you all have some amazing blooms. Too many to mention, they're all incredible! Looking forward to getting to know you all better!

K