Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: June 2013 - Starting out wet and cool; ending?, 5 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: June 2013 - Starting out wet and cool; ending?

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of June 2013 - Starting out wet and cool; ending?
shortleaf wrote:
Thanks ju. I was trying to figure out what to do with those big lava rocks. They were leftovers from some hideous 70's landscaping that was done here before my friend moved here. Back then, I believe railroad ties, lava rocks, big and small, and landscaping timbers (the big round log ones) musta been the stuff, those things were, and are in some cases, everywhere!
I'm going to get some small lava rocks that are here, yours remind me how neat they look. I think they are getting buried, soil and stuff has been washing over them for about 40 years but I might uncover them and get them.

Hehe! Here's what my EE tag says, "likes standing water", well, I hope they like a lot of it! lol
Here's my 'Purple Prince's in the third photo, they are twined up a little, I wouldn't want them to break in the wind. That's a pink flowering 'Summer Carnival' Hollyhock and a Spiderplant in the foreground.
Here is my 'Satisfaction' Lily Trees, with my 'Nanho Blue' Butterfly Bush from pepper in the foreground, it is getting big!
That Rose Tree in that pic is losing it's leaves or maybe dying. I've tried moving it around, I am at a loss on it. I got the rec't, I'll take the sonofagun back.
This last pic is the huge blackberry thicket here, it has spread like crazy. -

This message was edited Jun 28, 2013 9:32 PM