Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Mid-South Gardening: Alabama peoples! , 5 by Bec_No_Va

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Bec_No_Va

In reply to: Alabama peoples!

Forum: Mid-South Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Alabama peoples!
Bec_No_Va wrote:
I doubt I'll be able to do much planting and setting up flower beds this year, BUT, I can change out all the boring shrubs! So, I have 15 rose bushes on order, 2 fig trees for containers & 2 butterfly bushes from a friend of mine in TX - just ordered a Hansa Rugosa (had one growing up in Norway, extremely fragrant and hardy) - a Mock Orange and a Hydrangea - I've attached a few pix to show you how boring the front is - need color!!! We hired a lawn & handyman - he'll dig and plant the roses for me and also help with the landscaping come fall - I'm thinking birches, bradford pears or something fast growing and shady!! The front is perfect for the sunloving roses - it's sunny and hot all day until late afternoon :) sprinklers will take care of watering :)

I also found really big, bright blue pots at Homegoods and will plant annuals and place them on both side of entry to give it some color

Outside playing, I'm sending you a D-mail with my contact info :) hoping to see the Botanical Garden either tomorrow or Monday!!