Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - May 2013, 5 by weed_woman

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weed_woman

In reply to: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - May 2013

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - May 2013
weed_woman wrote:
good morning, I lost the DG connection again after posting so will try to Dmail you again this morning trish.
Wendy, hope you bought your tie downs with you. Its blowing a gale and raining cats and dogs. I couldn't stay in bed anymore because its so windy I am worried a tree might fall on the house. I imagine there is a great big mess out there which will become clear when the sun comes up. I spoke to hubby, who has been on the road since 4am, and he said there is sheet metal flying around down the highway and all sorts of rubbish through the road works. It wont surprise me if we lose power, as imagine branches will be falling around the power wires, willy nilly.
Sorry I finished off so quick last night. I have been chopping a bit of firewood because hubby gets home after dark, and I must have overworked my neck muscles and its hard to hold my head up. Anyway, I'll just try to keep it short, as I still am quite sore.
Photo one is a piece of alsonite I put up to try and keep the cold rain off xNeophytum 'Galactic Warrior' Now I am worried it might have been flung onto the broms and cut some, or the whole lot has taken off in the wind.
Photo two is A. 'Black Beauty' which hasn't had as much sun as in the past, when it turns the dark colour almost all over.
Photo three is xCanmea 'Galaxy' in flower
Photo four is a seedling Vriesea (probably V. 'Mariae') that has survived for about 3 years, since I wiped a pod of seed on the tree fern. The tree fern truck is like lots of little roots, and they actully grew over some of the seedlings. this is the last one
Photo five is some Tillandsia butzii seedlings, sown in Nov 09. They are quite slow to grow!
Sue