Florida Gardening: My first raised bed garden for vegtables, 5 by jamibad

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright jamibad

In reply to: My first raised bed garden for vegtables

Forum: Florida Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of My first raised bed garden for vegtables
jamibad wrote:
Thanks Everyone, My ♥ swells with pride☺☺☺☺!!! I keep telling myself next year will be so much easier than this year. My body can't keep up with my mind. When you move somewhere new, it seems like you want everything "now", as I did, once my DH got the beds built, that was, after he built the shed, and the green house everything just got crazy from there. I had what I wanted, and didn't stop there. The cooler weather at the time helped, but since everything is finished ( for now, chuckling) all I do is go out, look around every morning, pick what needs to be picked, than water, by that time the heat is on ! I come inside till later in the evening, than back out to close up the yard, do some more watering, hook up the scarecrow for the night, and I'm beat!! Really, I look around and really enjoy what I see, but I can't imagine doing it all over again, ever!! This was my last hurrah ! What it is, is what it is now! I have the pool up, and am waiting for the water to warm up. Once that happens, I'll spend more time outside. I'm not one for AC, or a closed up house because of it being on all the time, but being outside all day with the Florida humidity isn't a feel good feeling either. With the pool, I can be outside, and enjoy what I created.
I did do a little garden out front over one of the cloudy, look like rain days one weekend. It's just flowers that I grew from seed, plus I put some hanging pots up on the front of the house, my neighbore told me the house actually looks like someone's home for once. I guess for about 5 years the people who had the house really weren't the outside gardening type of people, and all the home's here in the cul de sac we live on have beautiful landscaped lawns, this house needed a lot of sod put into the bare spots, still working on that , I fed the lawn, and gave it a good dose of epsom salt, much cheaper, and the lawn is looking 75% better. But I really don't know what else to do with it, I have enough to do in the back with out adding to it. So, I'm thankful that I did what I did.

here are a few picture's of the front lawn and flowers, everything you see, we put in! I posted some picture's previously on this thread, and if you look at the than and the now picture's, you'll see a big difference!!

I always wanted a white picket fence when I was growing up, I have one now ! lol ! I may change it out for a natural border, similar to what's in the back yard, but for now, the picket fence stays! Gotta keep the mulch in place somehow!

Have a happy smiley kind of day! Jami