Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for the novice and addict. April 2013, 5 by ianperry

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ianperry

In reply to: Bromeliads for the novice and addict. April 2013

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for the novice and addict. April 2013
ianperry wrote:
Hi all, I went to the markets again today, ought to have known better but at the expense of the bush house I came home with more plants. I still have enough materials to keep me working for another week or so. Thursday as a group we are to go to Bowen for our meeting at another sellers home. I bet I will bring back some more plants but I will not regret it. I will also be on the lookout for more seeds. ! member has offered me some Alacantarea Vinicolour seeds and mine are almost ready also. There may be some spares. For me when the seeds are ready then it is time to plant them. I am hopefull that Chantini and Hohenbergia seeds mature soon.
Sue nice gardens. I am hopefull that Hohenbergia seeds will ripen, I got 3 seeds last week and planted them today. Where is your sense of adventure, what is wrong with an outdoor bath. In reality it is planned to hold water for pot washing and also for watering plants when I submerge them especially if they have a lot of leaf overhang and do not get watered properly from above. The leaves are in the neighbours yard. They will block out the morning sun, maybe that will be my seedling area.
Nev, It is good to hear that Ailsa is on the mend. The pic 1 on Apr 20 that I posted is looking more like a Vresia to me, but I will continue with update pics.
Have a good one,
Ian
Pic 1 Bilbergia Golden Joy
Pic 2 Bil Party girl
Pic 3 Neo Burnsies spiral
Pic 4 Neo Gold Dazzler
Pic 5 Neo NOID