Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for the novice and addict. April 2013, 5 by weed_woman

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weed_woman

In reply to: Bromeliads for the novice and addict. April 2013

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for the novice and addict. April 2013
weed_woman wrote:
Good morning all
Jean, I am with Shirley that your noid is a Nidularium, and probably the one Shirley posted a picture of, Nid. innocentii var linneatum? Its been getting cool here too, but not enough for a heater just yet....thank goodness.
Ian, that new area looks just the spot for a cuppa on a cold day! The bath would make an excellent potting area, or even a place to wash pots if thats your thing. Looking at the surrounds, its a very leafy place.
I loved your photo of the Orchid. What a beauty. Also, if you get any seeds on your Hohenbergia, I would love to try a few. I am in doubt as to wether the tiny pup on my dying H. leopoldo-horstii is going to grow to maturity before the old mum dies.
Shirley, it was a gorgeous day here yesterday, and hubby and I put up a new front gate, and then he helped me in the garden with shovelling and barrowing a load of cyprus chip for the renovation area. Yay! Its done! Well, nothings ever done, but it is a nice spot now. Too nice to fill with stock Nidulariums, heh heh, so now it has just helped space the existing broms out a bit, and hopefully the ones that need it, will get more light and colour.
I think your Neo. 'Jaws Too' looks more like Trishs than N. 'Grey nurse' I'll attach a pic of my N. 'Grey Nurse' for comparison. As for the N. 'Predator' ID, and then Bree, asking about 'Hot Gossip'apparently they are the same plant, but imported by different people and given different names. Who Knows?
Hello to anyone looking in.
Todays photos are
photo one is Neo. 'Grey nurse' for Trish
photo two to five are the garden reno shots. (Callistemon has survived to live another day)
Sue