Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for the novice and addict. April 2013, 5 by ianperry

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ianperry

In reply to: Bromeliads for the novice and addict. April 2013

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for the novice and addict. April 2013
ianperry wrote:
Hi all, I made a start on the new bush house today. I have a wash tub(bath) and 20 feet of benches so far. The wall is weldmesh 6 feet high so I ought to have plenty of space for plants. As time and material permits I will extend the house approx 20 more feet in length.Tomorrow I hope to put up the roof frame over the shelving. It will come out 10 feet and will angle up to 10 feet high. This is on the Eastern side of my back yard and until it gets shade cover it will get full afternoon sun.Lucky winter is coming along.
Trish, I cannot afford to give anyone a piece of my mind, I have lost enough of it already and need to keep it for myself.Yes i am selfish at times. Possibly the crazy lady has given 1 piece of her mind away and you saw the result.I feel for you though.
I went to the Nursery today to buy some sand,salt free and that was ok. I chatted with the owner about broms and she has invited me to sell her some of my spares. I am interested but have put her off for a time while I am rebuilding my bush house.I will consider it and maybe even invite her around to see what she could be interested in. There won't be many though because a lot of my plants are slow puppers. Seedlings might be a better alternative though, but even that I would have ayear or two wait to see what results I get.
Markets tomorrow maybe, I spent enough on sand today. I just might have to check the budget.
Have a good one
Ian
Pic 123 New Bush house East wall and shelving
Pic 4 Ae Chantini seedhead
Pic 5 Hohenbergia horsti-leopoldi seedhead.