Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for the novice and addict. April 2013, 5 by weed_woman

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weed_woman

In reply to: Bromeliads for the novice and addict. April 2013

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for the novice and addict. April 2013
weed_woman wrote:
Good morning all, another dry day and night! I am so excited! We got the last bonfire lit last night
and thats the last of the storm rubbish gone! I also mowed the wet spot! heh heh. So now i can stroll around and enjoy it. I got stuck in and cleared a bit more from the area with the frangipani and callistemon. the frangipani is down to a small stump, and the callistemon has had most of its brnches removed, but I am still thinking of keeping it to tie broms to, and maybe try to train it to grow taller? Not sure yet.
Trish, that must have been scarey for you, with the lady so close to your car. I would have done the same, and given her a growling for being an idiot.I'm glad you have come out of it ok. I shouldn't have mentioned the tractors on the highway, because I jinxed myself, and got stuck behind one on the way home from town. luckily I was ducking into the shops on the way home, so didn't have to sit behind it for too long, but it had a line of traffic behind it, for as far as the eye could see.
Trish, I think you might be the only one who didn't get their parcel yet? It's so frustrating trying to get plants through the mail. I guess you will get them on monday, so let me know that they travelled ok. I have a few pups of N. zonata, so will keep one aside until there is something else to send. I see you have plenty of pups to carry on with! If I ID'd your plant as N. 'Grey Nurse' then I think I am wrong, and it could be a N. 'Jaws' or "Jaws Too'. I'll put a pic on of an immature N. 'Grey Nurse' so you can compare
Shirley, our PC went 'poof' ast night. Its been playing up for awhile and finally lost all power. We will have to get a bit of info off it and start again, if possible. luckily I have my tablet, and hubby has an older laptop that gets him onto Ebay, so its not too much of an incnvenience. My only problem is that I have Emails and invoice templates relating to work, so will need to get them back somehow. I think a trip to the local computer nerd is on the cards.
I think your NOID might be Neo. 'Predator' by the looks of those pups?
Nev, glad you can drop in and have a bit of time to still do a bit of research. Hows Ailsa, as a patient?
Well, the cooler weather is here. instead of 15 degrees in the morning, it was 10! brrrrrr. Might have to start thinking about firewood. I've finally got the long pants on, and even a cardy!
Sorry trish, I thought I took a pic of grey nurse yesteray, so I'll take one later
photo one is A. callichroma
Photo two is a NOID, probably Aechmea. Its a little more burgundy than the picture shows.
Photo three is an Agave garden, screaming out for some bromeliads
Photo four is a nice NOID, caould be Vriesea or Guz. Its coming into flower, so I'll find out soon
Photo five is a cute little Till. cyanea.
Sue