Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DavidofDeLand

Subject: My friend Pat's gardens...

Forum: Florida Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of My friend Pat's gardens...
DavidofDeLand wrote:
Hey all,

I was just over at Pat's this morning digging out two huge Lions tail bushes she was tired of and was giving me,... and took a few pictures of Her gardens today. Pat is 80 years old and is one of the most amazing gardeners I have ever known... ( We share plants and garden talk a lot )

Hailing from Boston and growing up on the Sea in Her youth, she settled in Miami 50 years ago when she was an airline stewardess with her husband a firefighter and was an avid gardener there, and has been since she was a child. She clearly still is as you will see in these pictures.

Pat has healed herself of many serious health conditions with plants along with her strong faith in the Lord through the years, and I love her stories.... She works like a horse in her gardens. Yes....She is one of the most inspirational gardeners and ladies I have ever known. I am blessed to know her and want to share her gardens here...

Pat and I have worked side by side together in her gardens and that is the only way she will have it. She has planted 90 percent of these gardens herself over the ten years she has lived here in DeLand,...set or helped set all the blocks and dug most of the holes and plantings. The raised strawberry bed she put in is amazing, ( We mushroom composted them together 2 years ago and she hasn't done a thing but water them since! ( Thats Pat in the background ) She started buying the Snapdragons on the clearance racks at our local Lowe's back in October for .25 cents each and look at her gardens now!!! She has more color going on then me or anyone around here now, even after the weird late freezes we have had...

Pat is not on the net. She is a treasure and one of the most special people and true friends I have ever met or had. Gotta' Love Pat!

Enjoy Pat's early Spring gardens!

David

This message was edited Apr 7, 2013 2:34 PM