Specialty Gardening: Consolida or Delphinium, 5 by warriorswisdomkathy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright warriorswisdomkathy

In reply to: Consolida or Delphinium

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Consolida or Delphinium
warriorswisdomkathy wrote:
Pix 1: open aired tray of seedlings, most ready to begin the transplanting into individual pots or cells.
Pix 2: pot of Nicotiana sylvestris, these little babies are extrodinary, the seed is just dust and by the end of the growing season will top out at 5-6+ ft each! And the fragrance is equisite!!!! I have 3 pots that look like this, lol...ya think I got a few? LOL. Will be using them as filler this year inbetween smaller perenns. this season.
Pix 3: Another of those pots I need to get into plug trays, remember I have various sizes...32, 64, 96, 104, 144. Love dumpster diving... I may just divide the pot into 4-6 sections and repot into a 2 1/2", for a week or so to get some size and then into something else. These will definately get haircuts along the way, don't want them to tall and spindly. This is Monarda Lambada, sometimes they make thru the winter, Z6+ for hardiness.
Pix 4: My stand that I have set up now (4 shelves and the floor area), it can hold 7 1/2 trays per shelf, and I can also set up lights for the floor area, so that's 35 standard 11x22" trays, and half trays which can hold 16 plants in 2 1/2" pots, so if just using 2 1/2" pots I can place a grand total of 240 per shelf and X 5 thats a whopping 1200 pots or plants. Now if I use different sizes...lol, I'll let you do the math......lol.
Pix 5: Just got these at Ikea this morning....$9.99 each (reg $29.99). They (4) are almost 5 ft tall bookshelves that I plan on making into another grow unit. Haven't quite got all the things figured out yet but give me a few days..lol.

This message was edited Feb 18, 2013 11:59 AM