Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Irises: Japanese irises at Greywood Farms, 5 by pirl

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright pirl

Subject: Japanese irises at Greywood Farms

Forum: Irises

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Japanese irises at Greywood Farms
pirl wrote:
The site is officially open for 2013... http://greywoodfarm.squarespace.com/

Darlyn Wilkinson is the owner/hybridizer and she offers some very special Japanese irises that are mesmerizing. The best part about her plants is that they perform from the very first year, blooming just two months from delivery date, and continue to bloom every year. The words dependable and reliable comes to mind.

I asked Darlyn if she had visiting hours and this was her reply:

We do open for garden visits, on Friday afternoons 1 to 5 PM. Usually the JI bloom about the 3rd week of June until the first week of July. After that, the daylilies start. But, one never knows how the season will be.

Here are just a few of her JI's:

1. Just look at these roots and the amount of fans! Staggering for those who have ordered elsewhere and received small pieces! That's Greywoods Royal Antics, received on 4/20/12.

2. Greywoods Royal Antics blooming here on 6/20/12.

3. Greywoods Dark Desire because it is so breathtaking! When the sun begins to set this flower is a photographer's dream.

4. Picture perfect is the only way to describe Greywoods Etcha Sketch. It is the perfect JI.

5. And this photo is twice as much pleasure, also Greywoods Etcha Sketch.

On these dreary winter days why not brighten up an hour and go look at the site? You're sure to find something you love.

Communication with Darlyn is superb and she is eager to please and make her customers happy. I've been ecstatic with all my purchases from Greywood Farms and I'd love to hear of your experiences with them since that "big JI company" doesn't hold a candle to Greywood Farms.