Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012, 5 by bromishy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bromishy

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for novices and Addicts - Dec 2012
bromishy wrote:
Hi All!

Hi Shirley cute pics of the mini’s you posted, I have Wild Tiger also but boy is it slow to grow and pup, no sign of any pups yet. Yeah Shirley we are definitely going to be busy the rest of the year and I am looking forward to having some good time off to get things done around the garden without being in a rush all the time.

Hi Nev thanks for posting various pics of Nobel Descent and Nobel Descent Too, I think you have identified my brom that was labelled Aussie D Seedling as it looks very much like your Pic 1 of Nobel Descent. I am going to have another closer look over the weekend just to be sure to be sure. Thanks Nev yeah I read that about the Neo Scandal pic I posted the other day that the Seed Parent is Sapiatibensis (a species) I found it very interesting the additional information you kindly provided regarding introducing a species into a breeding pedigree to put some strength and vigor back into the breeding line, definitely a good lesson to be learnt here.

Yeah lucky for my broms Nev that that Wallaby is on the other side of the fence aside from the time spent by our pooches chasing them up and down the yard every day when they come to visit them, the Wallabies are so interested in them almost like they are looking for some company and often Lucy and the Wallaby just sit across the fence looking at each other for hours it seems which always makes me smile. I was really lucky taking the pic of the Sunbird I posted as the battery went flat on my camera as soon as I had taken that photo and I ran inside to put a new battery in to see if the picture had turned out and when I saw it had I was so very pleased.

Nev I really liked the Pic 2 you posted of ‘Serendipity Girl’ x Concentrica, what a standout brom this one is.

Hi Wendy I liked reading your story about the baby magpies that come and visit you for a feed, I have one that visits me every day at work and taps on my window in my office to let me know it wants to be fed, I enjoy seeing it every day and have a water bowl out for all the birds to drink and swim from and they luv it, some don’t realize how deep the bowl is and when they come in for a landing they get just a little bit more than they bargained for in the dunking department which really makes me laugh.

Hi Sue we were wondering where you disappeared to, most people stay at home to get over a summer cold but you really can’t sit still can you lol, not that I blame you escaping to Fiji for the week. The pool pic you posted reminded me so much of the main pool I used to do laps in every morning when we lived on Hamilton Island for 8years, it was such a beautiful pool right by the sea with palm trees, restaurants and shops nearby. Anyway welcome back to reality lol, I am sure you missed your broms and garden heaps.

Hi to everyone else who may be looking in or is on the Sick List. Until next time take care everyone, speak soon and Happy Gardening!

Trish

Pic 1 Neo Pink Fairy Floss
Pic 2 Neo Maona Beauty Pup
Pic 3 Pink Ginger Flower to show Nev
Pic 4 Bunch of Pink Ginger Shoots coming out of old Ginger Flower. Nev let me know if you want me to post you some of these to try and grow as I would just cut the bunch off and post to you? If anyone else would like some let me know by all means and I will save you some.
Pic 5 More Temp Shading