Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012, 5 by perke_patch

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright perke_patch

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012
perke_patch wrote:
Hi to all.
Sue thanks for the info on repotting the blood lily. it was one of those jobs we meant to do but never got to so another year of full pot. will have to do it next spring. your gardens are looking great soo. probably a bit fuller now than when we were down there, what with all your new plants.

Nev thanks for the offer of the full sized bill rosea but not worth the postage so I will greatly appreciate the seedling of same you offered. I must post that packet of stamps off to you too. and must be time to make up another package to send to you. name what you want (except fo those new release and expensive ones of course hahaha) and I'll try to find them and send to you. I've been potting up some seedlings and took some pics today. pic 1 & 3 are some strands of barbed wire holding hanging pots. When taking them pics I realised that Johnny has hooks from pipe on roof to barbed wire to stop sagging and these hooks are used to hold heavier baskets of plants also.
Pic 2 is a new epi I received from Karen this year called bold venture. love the 2 tones of colour.
Pic 5 is a piece of tree fern trunk Johnny has suspended over the pond and planted with neophytums like ralph davis and firecracker. it's getting thick now. will have to try to get some pups out soon.
Pic 4 is the largest of the portea seedlings potted up into squat pot to grow on.

Oops dg mixed them but I saw before I posted hence the mixed up numbering.
Night all
Wendy