Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012, 5 by ianperry

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ianperry

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012
ianperry wrote:
Hi all. Another hot day here. I saw where there had been rain last night, not much but enough to leave puddles on the road as I went to work. It had probibly dried out by 7.00am.
Just had to have a play with my seedlings and potted up some Bil schemperiana and Pink patches.They were too high for take away containers. Now they are in 1 1/2" trays with 12segments. They are on trays and I have bottom watered them. I will continue to bottom water them for quite some time.
I moved some plants oput of quarrantine today into a new area, still isolated but with more light than in quarrantine but not direct sun i hope. I will have to check this area out more thoroughly this weekend.
I like Mr Jakaburra funny little flathead, but that is just his hairstyle.
I like the Blood lilly, here we call them pom pom flower or ball of fire. I have a few spare here now.
It is good to hear that Max is as well as can be expected, may you all enjoy your time together.
Nev my N medusa from the information you have given me is from the Deroose breed. The leaves have no spines at all.
Have a good one.
ian
Pic 1 Ae blanchettia varigated
Pic 2 Ae Sphaeroglossa sitting in it's pity pot
Pic 3 Ae Blanchettia yellow
Pic 4 Ae Caesari
Pic 5 Ae fillicaulis, i wish it would flower.