Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012, 5 by ianperry

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ianperry

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS - NOVEMBER 2012
ianperry wrote:
Hi all. I did some more potting today. I finished my Acanthrostaccys strobilla seedlings and now have 44 pots of them. Now to watch them grow and then try to find space for them. I also potted a N chirripo pup, a N wilsonia X mood indigo and a N gunpoeder pup delivered today. These pups I bought on e bay. I like what I got.

Nev I am starting to get a few plants here. 179 Neos that are named and mostly correct, 65 Neo minis and I don't know how many NOIDS and other varieties. I am still in the process of finding out. I know that I have a big variety.
I don't think I have posted my Orthophytums or the 1 that i think maybe a Hectia, so I just may have to take some more photos. I noticed the sun has got to a couple of my orthophytums when I was looking for seed pods this afternoon. N Rafael is doing nothing in the pup dept as yet, I bought it between Xmas and New year 2011.

Sue I was thinking about plants in the garden and why they seem to do better than in pots. Just my theory but they could be more stable, have more consistent soil temperature and also moisture. They could also have less restricted roots to search for more food and water. I noticed that with with myVr glutinosa that when in the ground the roots travelled away from the plant.Due to renovation of garden I put it in a pot. It's message to me "not happy jan" It will have to wait until i am ready, it is growing grasses anyway.
Have a good one.
Ian
Pic 1 Ae Bromefolia
Pic 2 Ae Big stuff
Pic 3 Ae Fillacaulis
Pic 4 Portea petropoliana var extensa
Pic 5 Ae Peek a boo