Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for novices & addicts, October 2012, 5 by bromishy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bromishy

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices & addicts, October 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for novices & addicts, October 2012
bromishy wrote:
Hi Everyone!

Hi Wendy, thanks for the heads-up with Vr. Dark Knight, I am defiantly curious to see what it will grow up to be like? I purchased this from a reputable seller in QLD who said it is a True Dark Knight imported by the seller from Andrew Maloy in New Zealand. I have been purchasing from this seller for some time now and have always been very pleased with my purchases. The mother plant was large, stunning and it took my breath away which automatically made me want to have one of my own, it is the darkest vriesea I have in my collection and I can’t wait to see what it turns out like when it matures, time will tell and hopefully I will not be disappointed given what I paid for it.

Hi Sue thanks yes I am well and back in the garden, thanks so much for the great information regarding looking after my vriesea seedlings that are germinating. I am just so pleased to see that they are germinating as I thought the seed may have been too old. Hopefully they will keep growing as they appear to be much happier since I moved them from our entertainment area into the nursery on a shelf of their own so they get better light and air flow.

I spent half the day in the garden tending to my broms and the herb and veggie patch. The other half of the day was spent catching-up with a friend and taking her through the gardens and nursery to see what we have been up to, we had such a lovely afternoon together. She was totally blown away by how many more bromeliads I have now since the last time she visited and said I defiantly have a huge addiction in collecting them, she said everywhere she turned there were bromeliads and more bromeliads everywhere lol, but that the gardens looked lovely and so full of wonderful colour and even though she is not big into broms she could not help but stare at different ones and say wow that ones’ really nice. I will have her collecting bromeliads before she knows it lol.

Have a great week everyone!

Happy Gardening!

Trish

Pic 1 Vr. Bianca
Pic 2 Vr. Red Chestnut x Squiggles
Pic 3 Neo Shinning Example
Pic 4 Neo Groves Red Tiger
Pic 5 Nid Ruby Lee