Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: bromeliads for novices and addicts, sep, 2012, 5 by bromishy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bromishy

In reply to: bromeliads for novices and addicts, sep, 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of bromeliads for novices and addicts, sep, 2012
bromishy wrote:
Hi Everyone!

Just a quick thread tonight as I brought some work home with me to do this evening, but I thought just to keep me sane in between a break here and there I would do a couple of things I enjoy doing which is either brom or pooch related by taking the girls for a walk with hubby.

Luved each and everyone's pics, how fantastic is the obsession we all share lol.

I have some exciting news to tell everyone, I am getting in the mail my first flask of vrieseas this week - yeah! I have prepped by doing a great deal of reading and have purchased what I need for potting them up and what to house them in, so wish me luck. Any words of advice would be appreciated. Hubby has also purchased Envy to use on his flask Orchids which will come in handy for these Broms.

I will see how these go and will possibly look at trying to grow some from seed. At least I can see for myself which way I would like to go.

A big thing for me is time as I only really have the weekend in the garden and mostly all our weekends are spent there (which is not a bad thing) but I have to be realistic and be able to manage what I already have right now which is well under control at the moment as I tend to pot during the week where I can leaving time to tend to all the brom’s out in the garden on weekends. The vrieseas in the entertainment area stay nice and clean so it is just a matter of checking they have enough water and remove the odd old leaf here and there.

Anyway I better hit the road and go for a walk.

Take Care Everyone and Happy Gardening!

Here are a few pics:

Pic 1 - Meyendorffi Orange
Pic 2 - Neo' Black Beauty
Pic 3 - Neo' Camelot
Pic 4 - Neo' NOID - Any idea's what this one is called? Maybe I should call it Beautiful Pink Trish lol
Pic 5 - Neo' Sweet Dreams