Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: bromeliads for novices and addicts, sep, 2012, 5 by ianperry

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ianperry

In reply to: bromeliads for novices and addicts, sep, 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of bromeliads for novices and addicts, sep, 2012
ianperry wrote:
Hi all, some strange happenings here with seedlings raising themselves out of the pot and falling to the floor below, I suspect that the Sunbirds at work. They nested above this site 2 years ago. 1 tray has shrunk in size, i suspect they may have been eaten, the others are alright. Something is helping me to cull already.
Jen your tigers are to die for, i have never seen them before but I will be looking out for them. I know that mine need more light as a Tiger cub in the mango tree is totally different form the one grown in the shade.
Wendy I just love that thunderbird and the seedling area, mine is still in the thought process.
Nev love the pics, shame I can't read the names of the plants.
Here is a question for those who more than I do. Will orchid scale transfer to broms. My wife Ros is getting interested in orchids and has some with scale on them. I need to treat them in any case but am looking at the possibilities.
I bought a spray bottle 8 litre and am using it with low pressure to water my seedlings, saves filling small containers. just a thought.
Have a good one
ian
pic 1 Bil afterglow
pic 2 Bil super duper grace
Pic 3 Bil Catherine Wilson
Pic 4 Bil Bill Harland
Pic 5 Bil rosea X tim plowman