Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: bromeliads for novices and addicts, sep, 2012, 5 by works4me

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: bromeliads for novices and addicts, sep, 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of bromeliads for novices and addicts, sep, 2012
works4me wrote:
Hi all, hope everyone enjoyed their weekend.

Karen, love your neos groucho, ostrich and the NOID, I am very partial to neos of that same colouring and variegation as well.

Wendy, where are you going to put all those broms when all those little seedlings you are growing mature. Guess I can take some off your hands :o) just to save room at your place mind you.

Trish, I can’t imagine anyone taking such nice broms as those two in your pics to the dump. I must admit I have rescued plants from the dump, even a couple of broms but nothing as attractive as those, I especially like the red spotty one.

Ian, I have to agree with Nev that you have been buying broms at very good prices. I got quite a mixture at the market on Saturday. A nice vriesea (kiwi cream), a nidularium (innocentii), a neo (roys special) and a billbergia (NOID). I will attach pics of all four.

Sue, good luck for the garden comp judging tomorrow, your garden looks great … you’ve got my vote.

Nev, good to hear your show went well. As to your question regarding the ‘refresh’ button, it depends on which program you are using. On most keyboards the ‘refresh’ button is F5 but some are different. On Windows XP it appears on the toolbar and with Windows 7, it’s a right click on the mouse and move down on the pop up menu and click on ‘refresh’. Hope I haven’t confused you, I would suggest trying F5 to see if it updates DG, I think it will. If not, perhaps someone with a bit more computer savvy can explain it or you could go to google (or whatever search engine you use) and ask ‘how to refresh Windows XP, Vista, 7' (which ever version you are using) and it should tell you.

Jean, I really like the toothy broms and the bigger the better!!! As for neo Hannibal, I bought a pup a fair while back and it seems to be taking forever to grow … I wish mine would grow very large quickly.

Anyway, great to see so many posts and so many lovely pics … hard to keep up with at the moment.

Bye for now, Shirley