Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BRUGMANSIA - If Winter comes, can Spring be far behind, 5 by cestrum_SEQ

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright cestrum_SEQ

In reply to: BRUGMANSIA - If Winter comes, can Spring be far behind

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BRUGMANSIA - If Winter comes, can Spring be far behind
cestrum_SEQ wrote:
Well, I do hope to go along and take some pics at least, assuming that nothing else gets in the way that Saturday.
Here's Pink Smitty x Dorthea, she of the overblown collagen-injected lips--before those "lips" have turned ugly. Paler because it's winter, this bloom would still turn a bit darker if left to mature fully (which I haven't done). I wanted to show it from all angles, as it has an interesting curl on one side, like the upturned brim of a hat. It reminds me a little of Musketeer in that respect. The last photo is a comparison shot from last spring.
Now I remember: I also wanted to show how it has those paler vertical stripes, paler now but more yellow in warm weather. I'm convinced that this plant is carrying yellow genes and wish the seeds I've harvested from it (and posted out to others) would just hurry up, grow, and flower already LOL