Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Perennials: Sale Plants, 5 by warriorswisdomkathy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright warriorswisdomkathy

In reply to: Sale Plants

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Sale Plants
warriorswisdomkathy wrote:
Bigred....just to let you know german iris can be dug, dirt washed off and stored out of the groung for weeks or even months in a cool dark enviorment. Heck last summer I bought a box of Iris that had their leaves and roots removed (just rhizhomes). They had been sitting in a box under a tree with western exposure (afternoon sun), I brought them home and got them planted over the summer and fall. I wasn't sure if they would make it, guess what, I got scads of iris!!!! The key was that the rhizhomes were still plump, and I sprinkled them with water ocassionally.

So see, you could dig as many as you can, bring them home to the shade and sell us some!!!! Lol. I'd be willing.

Good Luck, Kathy.

pix some of my goodies I've gotten over the years, can never have too many iris.

If you were to decide to dig, I would be interested and could trade money or perennials, just saying..... take a look at my have list, I do many trades over in Group Trades here at Dave's. D-mail me if your interested.

This message was edited Jun 22, 2012 3:07 PM