Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Daylilies: A few of yesterdays blooms ..., 5 by IRIS

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright IRIS

In reply to: A few of yesterdays blooms ...

Forum: Daylilies

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of A few of yesterdays blooms ...
IRIS wrote:
bigred, quote: " add a couple new beds for daggum daylilies and blasted irises" ...LOL!!! ~I know that feeling real well!! This is the first year I got to see Crazy ivan bloom ..Love it! You must allready have a ton of flowers in your yard with 1 1/2 acreas, I only got about a third of an acrea here but got tons of plants ( And beds) ... I make a lot of raised beds and step beds because the redclay here is like ROCK, You really do almost need dynamite to get through it!!! Here arre a few posts of some more beds ...

The first photo is looking at the pathway from the other end, Up to the left, You can see there is a whole nother bed, To the right, Going back down the path, Is my vegetable garden.

Photo#2 .. This is the Arbor Step Bed that starts just before the patio in the last photo, I have gardens all the way to the left and going back to the back fenceline, This was taken about a month ago and it has really filled in nicely in the last month, The garden flox got tall and I look forward to them blooming, The flowers last a long time and attracts hummingbirds , Butterflies, Praying Mantis, Birds and bees!

Photo#3 ..This is my Creeping Phlox bed, Looked beautifull when it was in full bloom! It will flower sporatically now, Hopefully I can find a picture of it blooming to show you.

Photo #4 ..Same bed , Except now you can see the vegetable garden behind it and the other garden/flowerbed to the left.

Photo#5 .. This is the bed at the very end of the pathway, This again, Was about a month ago, The lillys have passed and all the yellow sundrops have been blooming now.

I have beds on both sides and the front of the house too, It's a definate addiction!! lol!