Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Yarden maintenance for April, 5 by speediebean

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright speediebean

In reply to: Yarden maintenance for April

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Yarden maintenance for April
speediebean wrote:
Greenthumb, Oh I just LOVE your little garden sprinkler "Lookers", they are so darned cute!! I'm with you, I don't do my gardening for my neighbors, I do it for ME. =)

Pam, your pig and rabbit sound adorable, I would love to see some pictures too. We've got these "spiked" little critters that we sell at work, and one of 'em is a bug-eyed fish... well, he's my favourite out of all of them, and I really should buy one but haven't yet... I'll share a pic, tell me what y'all think. (Pic #1)

Gita, I used to use the thumb method on my hose while watering, but my hands cramp up so badly after just a few minutes that I can't tolerate doing that for very long. =( Soooo, first, about, I dunno, 10-15 years ago we bought this "gun" type hose attachment, and after all this time it's still going strong. It looks "well-loved", but that's because it is! (Pic #2)
Then, 3 years ago (right after I started with the nursery), I got this watering wand at HD. I don't know who makes it, but I LOVE this thing!! It's got pressure settings anywhere from gentle refreshing mist all the way to "take your skin off". (Pic #3). I am anal about taking care of my tools so my "attachment" tools never get left outside, they come in after every usage and sit in their spots on my shelving unit. Hoses stay outside during warm weather, but they always come in for the winter. That's all to say, I guess that's part of why my watering tools have held up, I don't do like your co-workers (and mine) do at work and throw anything on the ground, UGH! (we have those where I work too, they ruin the screens of the watering wands by just throwing them around, grrr. I don't do that at home OR at work, it's shameful!) Pic #4 is of the screen of my watering wand... after 3 years it's still shiny enough to give off a reflection! =) And pic #5 is of the operational part of the handle of the wand... you can see the large 'trigger' and the yellow thing is to adjust the pressure settings. Even my small hands can use this thing with one hand, that's part of why I love it so much. =)