Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Central Midwest Gardening: March 2012 in like a lamb!, 5 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: March 2012 in like a lamb!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of March 2012 in like a lamb!
shortleaf wrote:
Nice birdbath billyp, crows have to drink too! By the way, aren't they bad luck? I found a funny bit here - http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Are_crows_considered_to_bring_bad_...
When I was a kid my Dad climbed a tree and got 4 little crows, named Eeny, Meeny, Miny and Moe. He tried to get them to talk by putting a tape recorder by them, but they never talked.
I wouldn't do that myself, that was too high up for me, plus I wouldn't want to upset the mother like that. I went with him (I didn't climb the tree), I remember the mother was swooping at him when he was up there.

Yeah, that wagon planter did okay last year. The Marigolds in it haven't even shown themselves yet, I'm thinking they may not be back. Here's a better pic of it, it's a mess. I intend to set it out Monday for the city's bulky item pickup. There's another wagon in here just like it but still in the box, I'd like to put it outside and fill it full of flowers or something. I draw the line at putting a toilet bowl out there full of flowers, well, on second thought maybe I'll do it just because! You can't pull the wagon or hardly move it without it falling apart more, I don't remember the wheels ever turning.

Here's one of my Soapworts in the fish and a Creeping Phlox next to it. Have you ever noticed how similar those 2 are to each other? They both have 5 petals in the flowers, just the Creeping Phlox is much deeper of a pink almost purple where the Soapwort is almost white but still noticeably pale pink.

Here is my cluster of Blueberry bushes, it is 3 plants all together. Blueberries are forming and there is lots of them, I'm gonna try to beat the birds if I can! It's next to the red wagon.

Here's one of my 10 or 12 Ozark Witch Hazels coming in! That bowl next to it is just a bowl full of Daffodil bulbs that I threw in it.

Here is my one and only Forsythia!

Here is the Redlily plant that I got from Pepper in Fall 09' and a Purple Coneflower plant by it. Those two are doing some pondside duty. All those little weeds by those plants should be getting very unhappy as I went around and sprayed RoundUp on all the weeds I could find.

Well, I've used up my five pics!

Will

This message was edited Mar 31, 2012 9:14 PM