Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Whats happening in your neck of the woods? Pronostications , 5 by Gitagal

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Gitagal

In reply to: Whats happening in your neck of the woods? Pronostications

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Whats happening in your neck of the woods? Pronostications
Gitagal wrote:
Jan---

My Nandina is just a single bush--not too big--at the front corner of my shed.
It had 3 runners that had been sprouting. I dug those up. I will put your name on one of them.

Wish I could get some compost......I sure could use it. Same for a bit of manure.....for my raised bed...

There are several places i could get it from--but they require a 3cf minimum for delivery.
Also--it costs a bit of $$$$.
I am tempted to go and p/u some tubs full of it--but, again, I don't think these places sell
to consumers such small amounts. I only have a Subaru Outback, Small car.....

1--The shed picture is from 2010. The Nandina is on the front corner. It is a bit taller now.
-2-Here are my two Juniper bushes from 2009. The left one is pruned back--the right one-not yet.
3--a better shot--you can see the difference. That is where it is at--right now.
4--here is looking at the front of my house--July, 2009. I also have to keep the two Hemlocks pruned back.
The blooming plant in the front is my beautiful Kopper King Hibiscus. It grows bigger each year.
5--the other side of the front of my house. The big lower shrub is a Yew. The bush next to my steps is
my "Bob Hope" Camellia--which I cut back totally in fall of 2010. It has re-grown nicely--but no blooms this year.

OK! Tine to get going....Gita