Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: LOOKING FOR SPRING..... BROMELIADS 2015, 5 by SBMLM

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright SBMLM

In reply to: LOOKING FOR SPRING..... BROMELIADS 2015

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of LOOKING FOR SPRING..... BROMELIADS 2015
SBMLM wrote:
Hi all,

Sensational day today, more like summer than the end of winter.

Nev, shame about the plants. I also have some damage and lost a Neo. Midnight and an Ae. DeLeon even though they were stuck in underneath the back of our house. I thought they would lose colour (which they did) but would not be damaged. Strange thing is of all the plants I put straight out into 2 x new gardens that cop all the winds and exposure only one has some spotting.

Teresa, I reckon the weed mat might stop most of the grasses and weeds getting through but the ones that do get through get tangled and it's harder to get them out.

Trish, your water feature looks big enough to convert into a pool. I like the Neo. ' Perfection' and ' Manoa Beauty' in your pics. Hope you enjoy your Sunday.

Jean, yeh I have started putting some plants in the shadehouse today, I thought there would be a lot more room and would struggle to fill it, but I can see it filling in no time. I see why you had 6 of them.

Pic 1. Neo. 'Sexy Pink'
Pic 2 Neo. ' Red River'
Pic 4 Neo. ' Sheba'
Pics 3 and 5 a part finished shadehouse. Better start looking around where to put the next one I suppose.

Brian

This message was edited Aug 22, 2015 11:11 PM