Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Beginner Gardening: Please tell me this is not Bermuda!, 5 by Slnkstr8

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Slnkstr8

Subject: Please tell me this is not Bermuda!

Forum: Beginner Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Please tell me this is not Bermuda!
Slnkstr8 wrote:
I have raised beds with purchased organic soil and several feet of mulch all around them. I am a new completely amateur gardener and learning as I go. I tilled and pulled Bermuda for a week - 6 weeks later my hands still hurt and are swollen (?!) from pulling Bermuda. I laid newspaper- thick! And around the beds liner purchased. I then planted my beans. They sprouted. I sprinkled a few marigold seeds and I knew I would still have some Bermuda pop up - last year was my first year and a huge mess!- but what are these spouts? Tiny roots, look EXACTLy like Bermuda but maybe a flower or herb??? I did have some tiny hands "helping me"... I'll defiantly plant more intentionally and I plan of funding organic straw for mulch if I can- but are all of these grass starts?!! I am so sad if so AND I have a lot of pulling to do! Is Teresa anything that looks like Bermuda?? ( they look exactly like the definitely Bermuda on the outside edge of my box. They are really thick here but nowhere else. And they have a very tiny easy to pull root.)
THANK YOU SOOO MUCH for helping!
PS- found this through some seed purchases on Amazon:) thanks for the seeds too:)