Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: OUR BROMELIADS INTO 2015.. , 5 by SBMLM

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright SBMLM

In reply to: OUR BROMELIADS INTO 2015..

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of  OUR BROMELIADS INTO 2015..
SBMLM wrote:
Hi all,

Much cooler day here today.

Teresa, Good luck with the job hunting.

My son recently left our company to work closer to home and went for a couple of interviews in car dealerships. He wasn't getting anywhere after the interviews and decided to go back to one of them just to see whether he was wasting his time and why he didn't get the job. They told him if he had rung back to chase it up they would have given it to him, they regarded that as an essential part of it. After this he decided to just do the rounds without any jobs being advertised and got one at the first place he went.

Nev, the hanging plant you asked about is either the one on the left (pic 4 below) is a Tahitian Bridal Veil, and the one on the right is an Amazon Lace (Rhipsalis Teres). They both seem happy in a semi-shaded area.
The purple /mauve in pic3 of your hybrids is a standout for me.

Trish, thanks for the info on the fungus, I thought it might harm the plant so I re-potted it anyway. Good to know I can just clear it out of the pot. Your Vrieseas as usual look amazing.

Jean, thanks for the info on the aechmea in a previous post, I probably haven't given it enough light to get to the colours in the pics I looked up.

Hi everybody else.

Pic 1 Neo 'Red Macaw'
Pics 2 and 3 are 2 pups growing nicely from a plant labelled as Neo 'Johannis DeRolf' but I think is known as DeRolf (?)
Pic 4 is for Nev
Pic 5 Vrisea, I think is not worth the effort , going to bin it.

Brian.