Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS IN SUMMER ..2014, 4 by works4me

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: BROMELIADS IN SUMMER ..2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS IN SUMMER ..2014
works4me wrote:
Hi all,

Some good news, Crazy Molly is much better, even though she had another run in with a cane toad last night when she went out for a wee (on a leash) before going to bed, she is so quick. We spent the next half hour washing / wiping foam from her mouth to get rid of the poison. We half expected her to be really crook this morning but she seems fine … just so bloody slow to learn.

Nev, I love Jack Koning’s vrieseas, especially his recent hybrids.

Colleen, your shade house looks lovely. I took some pics of our back patio this arvo, I will post some for you to see. It looks rather cluttered and there is some temporary shade cloth here and there that looks a bit daggy but it serves the purpose while it is so hot. I love the view from the kitchen window, I have moved a few broms in amongst the succulents and love the effect. Hope the tooth fairy managed to find the boys’ teeth.

Thanks Brian, Molly is pretty much back to normal, back to her usual hyperactive self.

Jean, glad your ‘large’ garden is coming along so well. Love your neo Aussie Dream.

Nev, if you had a block twice the size of the one you have, you would still have wall to wall broms. I can’t walk through my shade houses without knocking over one or two broms ... as they grow larger, I move them further into the walkway and find I have to walk sideways to move through them. Watering is the hardest part as the hose always topples some of them. Need another shade house, I do.

Teresa, I agree … terrible situation in Sydney today.

Hi to Trish, Diane and anyone else looking in

Shirley