Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Mid-South Gardening: It's November, Ya'll!, 4 by kjuddy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright kjuddy

In reply to: It's November, Ya'll!

Forum: Mid-South Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of It's November, Ya'll!
kjuddy wrote:
Elaine - thanks for noticing my photos!! I love that country sunrise photo as well it was just a perfect morning for that. I haven't been doing much photography lately but I did take a few shots on the day it snowed here. Just too crazy to pass up seeing all the plants still leafed out with snow on them. Here's a few photos, up close view of the snow on the ground, striped canna leaves, my favorite bird bath all iced over and my rice paper plant leaves hanging with snow. Crazy weather for the first half of November for sure!!!

I've been pulling lots of overtime at work and experiencing some personal life issues as well so I haven't been on here AT ALL! Today was the first time I've worked ONLY 30 minutes overtime in months and months. We moved our 2 service departments to Little Rock, 1 from NWA and 1 from Springfield, MO the middle of October. For a month before that I ran the NWA one and did my regular job because we fired the coordinator up there for lying about her time. Then we decided to move the other department down here and combine all of them into a new service department since they have been a nightmare for years. What a crazy mess! We got boxes and boxes and boxes of paperwork with very little in the way of organization - no notes not much of anything to tell us what was what. We had to hire a second coordinator and then train her in the midst of all the chaos. I had zero experience in the service area but nothing like being dunked in the fire to teach you to learn fast. Boy what a difference a month makes - when the files came down from Springfield we literally had 54 customers who were waiting just on an appointment to be made for their work - some of them had been waiting months and months - craziest thing I ever stepped in! Hopefully we are thru the worst of it and we are beginning to hit our stride. Our service department has 5 people 2 coordinators and 3 techs and only 1 of them has been employed with us more than 6 months so every single person is training UGH!!

I did know about Cayla and I'm sorry to hear all she's been through. Hopefully they will figure out something soon:) I'm finally off for the rest of the week so I'm excited to at least be doing something different for a few days.

Genna I do not envy you moving all those kids! UGH everytime one of mine moves I swear it is the last time I'm participating in it. Five years ago no problem these days it takes a week to be able to get up without feeling the pain. My kids think I'm a spring chicken but I can certainly tell I'm not:)

Of course we are having the family for Thanksgiving so I'll have to do a little cleaning tomorrow - I should be doing a LOT of cleaning but I can tell that isn't going to happen. We'll have about 17 people here this year but that is actually down about 10 from years past so it seems like a little less hassle than usual. Our family has experience quite a bit of unexpected changes over the last few months and that is making it feel a bit awkward and sad but these things have a way of working themselves out in time so I know that this too shall pass. Hope all of you have a great holiday - see you soon! (I hope to be at the Christmas get-together)