Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads For Novices and Addicts - October 2014, 4 by SBMLM

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright SBMLM

In reply to: Bromeliads For Novices and Addicts - October 2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads For Novices and Addicts - October 2014
SBMLM wrote:
Hello all,

Up early, can't sleep past 4.00am as usual. The clouds are rolling in this morning after a hot one yesterday and they are talking 40deg tomorrow, I better get out and mow the weeds / lawn today.

Geez there are some injuries happening, I hope everyone recovers quickly.

Teresa, congratulations to Sugar and yourself on your podium finish at the show, she really 'stands' nicely.

Colleen, I was thinking the same about how early the shop decorations are up. The present thing is hard. My wife's family always got together at Christmas and all bought presents for each other and it seemed like their was about one hundred useless gifts, so in the end it was scrubbed and only the kids got them.This year we have our little grandson with us so we might do the decoration thing and spoil him a bit. I'm sure your boys will enjoy the present they give to their uncle.

Trish, your garden shots look very nice. Its a good idea to sell off some extra plants at the markets, I suppose it pays for some of the upkeep of the rest of them and keeps numbers down. It must take a bit of time to keep everything in order.

Shirley, neo 'Bantu' is a nice looking plant, unusual dark colour.

Anyhow off for a walk, and then into the yard.

Hi to everybody else looking in.

Pic1... Vr. Phillopo- Coburgii ( I think the yellow colour that attracted it to me is just being in the sun )
Pic2... Unknown

Pic 3...Neo. 'Gee Whiz'

Pic 4...Unknown

Pic 5...Neo. 'Red Macaw'