Voting Booth: Extra produce?, 4 by Lisa42Tn

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Lisa42Tn

In reply to: Extra produce?

Forum: Voting Booth

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Extra produce?
Lisa42Tn wrote:
We usually plant extra plants since Im always worried that if I only plant a few and bugs/disease gets them we will not have any. And thankfully, 9/10 times the plants do good. I send a lot to my husbands shop, give away to neighbors and of course we eat it. This year I tried "Shaker Pickles" with the Bush Cucumbers. My Mom gave me the recipe. It was very easy to do and the ingredients are items that you probably have. Since I dont know how to can, and my Mom is 600 miles away, I froze quite a bit of tomatoes. Again my Mom had told me how. I just chopped em up, put in a large pot and cooked em down for about an hour. Then once cooled, I put em in freezer bags and froze to use in chili or spaghetti. I also grew for the first time Sugar Baby Watermelons, Cantaloupe and Honeydew. The watermelons are about ready but the honeydew and cantaloupe have now died. We did get quite a few cantaloupe and gave more away than we kept. With the grocery store prices increasing its nice to be able to share with people you know enjoy the fresh veg/fruit. **And if you need something to do while your cooking down your tomatoes, you can do what I did, line the tops up and take their picture!! haha. I noticed these seven had "faces" on em! I just enhanced the "eyes" and a few "mouths" with PicsArt. (They really were already there).