Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES AND ADDICTS - JULY 2014, 4 by bromishy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bromishy

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES AND ADDICTS - JULY 2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES AND ADDICTS - JULY 2014
bromishy wrote:
Hi Everyone!

Where are you all, come out, come out wherever you are?

Well we had a fantastic day today and accomplished heaps in the garden with the work we done on the 'Igloo', I have attached pics below for everyone to see. It was great to get most of the shade cloth on and gave us a clear picture of just how big it really is and I am thinking about moving in with the broms once it's all finished as I am sure once all the shelving is built and the broms are in I am going to spend a lot of time in there admiring them all LOL. We have decided to not put down any weed mat as we have had this in our garden beds before and it has given us nothing but grief as weeks still get through so instead we have decided to put down a nice thick bed of red gravel about 5/10mm; we still may get the odd weed here and there but it will be easy to run the weed wand over any if we need to.

We took the girls to the beach this morning and we pretty much had the whole place to ourselves which was nice so they had a good run around, then they spent the rest of the day in the garden with us chasing lizards and sometimes snuck away for sleeps inside.

Tomorrow the Markets are on and we are planning to go check them out as I did not get a chance to last weekend given I was one of the stall holders. When we get back from the markets I want to cut the cloth to size on the 'Igloo' and then I am going to do a bit of de-pupping as there are many large pups to come off some of the mums that I have been meaning to do for awhile. I also got some styrofoam boxes from Wollies today that I want to cut down and put my Neoregelia and Vriesea seedlings in like Nev does; but may not get around to doing so this weekend so will see how I go?

Anyway time to head as killing for a cup of tea as we have not had one the entire day and I am craving for one now.

Take Care and Happy Gardening!

Trish

Pic 1 to 4 - The 'Igloo' build continues - hooray it's getting there slowly but surely.
Pic 5 - My new 'Brom Goddess' that Joe gave me as a present today x 2 so I have them situated both ends of our long back garden. I was thrilled to bits when he surprised me with them today; they look great as they are the exact height of our back fence. I like how she appears to be keeping an eye on my broms rather than that cute little bird on her hand LOL.