Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads For May 2014, 4 by splinter1804

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright splinter1804

In reply to: Bromeliads For May 2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads For May 2014
splinter1804 wrote:
Hi everyone - Time to start another working week and hopefully I can get back to my garden clean up without any more interruptions.

Teresa - Honey isn't with us any longer, she was a naughty girl and got over the six foot high paling fence to visit the people in the flats two doors away. It was only by chance that my wife heard "scratching" as she was pulling herself over the fence and was able to quickly get her back. I had gone out for a short while and we thought she had maybe tried to follow me, but then in the afternoon when we were both there she escaped again. (I expect she wanted to go home).

I said to my daughter, if she had escaped when my wife wasn't here, I wouldn't have been able to chase her as I can only slowly walk 50m. max and have to stop for a while, and we all agreed that she couldn't stay here.

Anyway, it's all good, as the old bloke's grandson has just returned from a job up north and agreed to baby sit Honey and the old bloke's house while he's in hospital. The thing is, Honey knows the grandson well where she had never seen us until two days ago so I can understand why she left.

My daughter took her back and she said as soon as she got there, she ran madly into the house looking for the old bloke and when he wasn't there she went and laid on his boots near the backdoor, so that's obviously what she wanted.

Anyway she's now back home with the grandson she likes and has known all her life (and he's a dog lover as well) so everything turned out for the best. ...... I love happy endings.

Now back to brom's, and speaking of genetics I grew some seed from an Ae. nudicaulis Aequalis (Pic.1) crossed with an unknown pollen parent (probably done by insects) and pictures 2-5 are a small sample of what I got.

All the best, Nev.