Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads For May 2014, 4 by bromishy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bromishy

In reply to: Bromeliads For May 2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads For May 2014
bromishy wrote:
Hi Everyone!

How quick the week is going for me, there are not enough hours in the day to play catch-up but I suppose that’s what happens when you go away on holidays, you come back to lots of things that need doing as no one does your work whilst your away unfortunately and everything becomes urgent by then.

Anyway the weekends just around the corner as well as we have our Townsville Show Day holiday coming up on Monday 30 June so that will give us another long weekend to enjoy and hopefully we can do some work on the “Igloo” as we have not been able to get to it for many weeks now and it’s sitting there beckoning me to finish it with Joe so I can enjoy housing some of my precious broms there that the grass hoppers like to chew more than others ha ha.

Hopefully this weekend I will get to potting up some broms as well as I need to feed all my little seedlings which can be in itself a little time consuming taking lids off, feeding and popping lids back on.

The rain has cleared and the morning and evenings are warming up a bit; I think it got down to 10deg’ yesterday and the wind made it feel even colder; so we all rugged up both at work and home to avoid getting sick; except for Joe who now has the flue, is running a fever and both of his eyes are bloodshot so he needs some R&R; but as they say it’s usually the way to fall sick when you are on holidays when your body has relaxed.

Pleased to hear everyone liked the pics of the accommodation where we stayed, I will have to try to upload the remaining pics that did not upload the last time and additionally I will attach pics of some of my lovely new broms.

Hi Teresa hope you kick butt and score a couple of offers from the jobs you have recently applied for, I am crossing my fingers and toes for you.

Teresa I did brave using that quirky outdoor shower while we were away as nobody can see you as your cabin is very secluded and you are not right next to any of the other cabins nor can you see any other cabin or anything around you other than lots of lush tree foliage and the odd bush chook that comes in for a bit of a sticky beak thinking they are going to get a feed as the people that manage the cabins provide visitors with food to feed the bush chooks, wallabies and kanagaroo possums. It was that cold out there thought it was like the quickest shower I have ever had and I like ran back in to quickly chuck on a bath robe and warmed up next to the fire place LOL.

Hi Nev that was a great article you wrote on the Tank Urn Broms, I am sure I have read this before way back when I first joined this brom forum; but really enjoyed reading it second time around as the information provided makes perfect sense and is very informative and muchly appreciated as always.

Nev what a beautiful flower on that Bill. Sanderiana. Also that pic you posted of the sport pup of Neo. ‘Painted Lady’ is stunning along with all those variegated seedling pics.

Nev ha ha our two little canine friends “Lucy” and “Lexi” ended up in fantastic cabin accommodation of their own, the cabin is of a really good size where a human could easily fit in it comfortably with plenty of head room as well as windows and doors. They had a single bed, blankets, pillows, TV, AC (was too cold for it to be on) and access to a fully grassed back yard, only the best for our babies. Normally we get a house sitter but the normal one we use was not available so we made sure they at least had somewhere nice to stay and they have been there before a couple of years ago so are used to the place and the owners.

Hi Shirley happy belated birthday to you; sounds like you had a wonderful time with your family. Do people ever buy you broms for your birthday ha ha; someone brought me a brom last year and would you believe it I did not have it so was thrilled to bits and the look of relief on their face was priceless when I told them I did not have it LOL.

Shirley loved the Neo. Pics you recently posted so full of wonderful color and health.

Anyway time too head as it’s getting late for me.

I will just attach pics of some of my new broms tonight and worry about the trip pics later.

Pic 1 – Neo. ‘Rosy Morn’
Pic 2 – Neo. ‘Prince of Darkness’
Pic 3 – Neo. ‘Jaws’
Pic 4 – Neo. ‘Red Furnace’
Pic 5 – Vr. ‘Rafael’

Take Care and Happy Gardening!

Trish