Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Yardening June 2014, 4 by typwc

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright typwc

In reply to: Yardening June 2014

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Yardening June 2014
typwc wrote:
Yesterday was absolutely delightful. As soon as I finished making and eating lunch, and before my daughter and husband even fell asleep for their afternoon naps, I got to work in the yard. I was able to be outside from 2pm till 7pm, with what I would call limited interruptions from my kids. August dug a big hole in the yard, and found a marble. He started writing a story about a boy who found a magic marble.... He didn't finish the story because he got bored. Oh well, we'll circle back. Sean mowed the grass in the afternoon after I had gotten most of my work done, and the yard looked great last night. Just in time for my generous neighbors to offer me a Bloody Mary.... yeah that was about when I stopped working! ;)

I accomplished 3 major things yesterday! I'm so sorry for the blurry pics, remember that Bloody Mary I told you about?
1. Extended the Yellow Bed to the Bed-Under-The-Holly-Tree (pic 2-4). Installed Catmint's Sum and Substance there (see pic 4). Divided my Palace Purple Heuchera into 5 pieces, hoping they survive. Installed the hellebores from Holly. Also the Tiarella Eco Running Tapestry from Happy and the Ladies Mantle from Donner. You can't see it but I put all of the Marigolds from Holly and Ric down here too. Hopefully they'll grow to be one big pile of yellow!
2. Finally dug the dirt out from under the trash cans and reset the bricks there. It might not look like much to you guys but it's SOOO much better than it was before. I used the excess dirt to fill in a huge indent in my yard where a tree stump is rotting underground. We use the wood for our fire pit and the pieces are standing up straight so that rats can't nest in them. Glamorous city life!
3. Pic 5 is a wider view from the patio. The sad looking gray thing is the Artemisia 'Silver King' from Holly. I promise I did water it! Hopefully this hill next to the patio will look really different soon. It needs an overhaul.