Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR MARCH ....2014, 4 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR MARCH ....2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR MARCH ....2014
77sunset wrote:
Hello everyone.
I am taking some time to read and post while hubby is sleeping. He sleeps a lot lately and I suppose if the body wants to sleep, let it.
We are off to Geelong next week for the final tests before the big op. Hopefully the weather will be mild like today and not hot and windy like yesterday.
we did get a nice bit of rain overnight too.
The plants are all loving it..
I had to go down and rescue a brom that was out of its pot and rather squished.
It was my pretty neo Cane Fire. It will recover and hopefully have a few pups.
We had a wallaby visit 2 days ago and he somehow got into the brom area but only damaged the one plant. They are so good at avoiding the plants if they come in. Seeing where the little fellow was, I am very surprised no more broms were even touched.
Usually any wallabys will find their way out, but I frightened this one by appearing suddenly .

I have had a quick read of the posts but wont reply to all as I would be here for ages.
Lovely to get in and see you all. I do sometimes pop in for a very quick peek but havent had time to do a long post .

I also popped into eBay to admire all the fantastic broms on there.
I bought a pretty neo Silver Cloud and a very lovely bill from anniesam called Annies Joy.

I even took a few pics while the sun was out so will add them here before I go an dget hubby a cuppa.

Hope all are well and enjoying all the broms.

pic 1 ... a pretty vriesea Red Dragon

pic 2...aech orlandiana ( a light form in full sun )

pic 3... aech orlandiana ( very dark form in semi shade)

pic 4 ... a pup from the darker orlandiana out in more light

pic 5...my neo Olens Vulcan finally getting some color after living in a dark corner for a few years.

Hope to pop back in again soon.
Take care
Jean.