Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Trees, Shrubs and Conifers: Can live oaks be used as patio trees, 4 by Gourd

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Gourd

In reply to: Can live oaks be used as patio trees

Forum: Trees, Shrubs and Conifers

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Can live oaks be used as patio trees
Gourd wrote:
Thank you all for this invaluable information. We do have a well, we have about 15 trees pecan and apple trees on a drip system in the fron section of the one acre. Then those trees are lined with 6 or 7 full grown summer pines. We do have a couple of spaces where some cherry trees or plum trees have died with this heat, but the Live oaks would just get too argue to put them in this area.

If they get this large, why are the ones at these shopping malls nd stores stay so small? I wonder if they prun them to stay small or if there is a smaller variety.

Gosh did I mess up royally here. I like little trees that I can prune myself, I hate to tell DH this one.

Thank you for the advice, I have to see hat I can do, maybe see if the nursery will exchange them for me. Believe me I have tried palo verdes, the one without thorns, I don't want the one with thorns, the one without thorns die down but come back each year. I also try to get nice but hardy natives and put in two Texas laurels they grow pretty slow too.

Anybody have any other suggestions for this area? Market umbrellas are probably what we will have to settle on.

We built lots of arches, nothing overhead.. But now we are done with the hardscape, and continue to put in the landscaping.