Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - July 2013, 4 by ianperry

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ianperry

In reply to: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - July 2013

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - July 2013
ianperry wrote:
Hi all,
It looked like bad weather today but surprisingly it turned out a lot better than looked like it was going to be. I was surprised by what I was able to achieve today. I actually made some real progress then ran out of materials. This happens I suppose. I will just have to keep collecting mulch and edging materials. So I filled what was done with plants and to my surprise it doesn't look too bad and reasonably tidy. This afternoon , after a few showers, I fertilised most of the plants out back.
I went shopping to buy some hedging shears, can't find mine, and came away with a walk in mini hothouse. I will use it for seed raising. Now to find somewhere to put it, possibly in the pool area. I already have some shade cover there. And it is on pavers, so less weeds there than other places.
Nev a question about hybridising. If I pollinate a plant with itself it becomes a F2. What happens if that plant is a species. Do I get a hybrid or Species.
I like your pics today.
Have a good one.
Ian
Pics of todays work