Florida Gardening: My first raised bed garden for vegtables, 4 by jamibad

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright jamibad

In reply to: My first raised bed garden for vegtables

Forum: Florida Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of My first raised bed garden for vegtables
jamibad wrote:
Hi All, I've been busy, early morning, and during the evening, mid day, is terrible, too hot and humid! Not spending too much time on here, trying to get my mosaics table started, cutting glass, too long being on the back shelf.

I have cleared out the middle raised bed, and planted bush beans, and took a chance on sugar snap peas! They were so tasty right off the vine, so I figured I'd try them now, by the time they're harvested, should be late August, early Sept. Remember, this will be my 1st year yet, just different time of the season. I know what the books tell us, but after reading whats available, for this time of the year, getting a specific name of a vegetable, like for instance, beans, "bush blue lake" and looking through my catalog(Johnny's) I couldn't find a seed named that, so I just picked one, and planted it, even though the book says, next planting, Sept. I wing it, actually, and so far so good. I hate schedule's, lol! And we live in Florida!

Thanks all for the compliments! Grakay, your more than welcome to swing by and visit! Everyone is invited if your over my way! DM me, and I'll give you my address, and ph#. I would love to show off! LOL! It's been a long hard road getting to where we're at, a lot of it learned on here by many, David of Deland for one, I named quite a few above in one of my post! He sticks in my mind more because he seems to be the one everyone turns too for help, he has beautiful gardens, post a lot of picture's, and explains a lot of things in detail. If you want to learn, follow him!! ( plugging you David, you deserve it) LOL !

Any way, here are some picture's I took in the last several days! I'll explain each
as I go!

The first is a before it was tilled, a mess, the next all done, all nutrients added, I'm not sure what I'm putting in here this time, Thinking more squash, maybe trying sweet corn again, I see where I can still get by if I plant it, but I'm just not sure about the soil yet. I have it built up, but.....
The third picture is of my 3 raised beds, I put straw on the ground, tired of mowing in between the beds, saw this guess where, David of Deland☺, hope it works, and my little babys are spouting, planted the bush bean seeds last week, their the first to show their heads, behind them are the sugar snaps, just starting to poke up through the mulch, not enough to be seen with the camera eye!

now you have to go to the next post!

Again, Thanks all!!! I couldn't have done it without " ALL" of your advise!!! This is a great site, and Florida gardening is the best, hehehe, because we live here!♥♥♥