Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Voting Booth: What is your favorite type of gardening book?, 4 by gardenmart

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright gardenmart

In reply to: What is your favorite type of gardening book?

Forum: Voting Booth

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of What is your favorite type of gardening book?
gardenmart wrote:
I have a couple of bookshelves dedicated to plant books and gardening. I have some of every kind mentioned in the poll. I like books about specific gardens. I am currently enjoying one about the gardens at the Smithsonian museums. There are a several great gardens besides the one at the US Botanic Garden that surround the various museums. All worth a visit! I get the guidebook to any botanic garden that I visit and a khaki baseball cap with the garden's logo if they have one.
I am into plant identification through my work at the Boston Flower Show. I have several books on plant names and I like the Western Garden Book about the best. California has just about every plant zone there is and type of climate. This book has come in really handy many times.
I like vintage garden books. I have one on Pelargoniums, The Genus Hosta, and a guidebook to Cuban gardens published by the American Garden Club of Havana.
I have guidebooks to the wildflowers of various regions and to the plants of the Boston Harbor Islands.
I have had a chance to read because it has been too hot or too many thunderstorms here in the past few weeks to safely work out on my hillside, though my daylilies don't seem to mind. Here's a couple.