Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - July 2013, 4 by ianperry

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ianperry

In reply to: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - July 2013

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - July 2013
ianperry wrote:
Hi all,
Not a bad day here , cool mornings and evenings and warm during the days. And no sign of rain. Next month we can expect winds and they can be strong and cold.We haven’t had a winter as yet this year.
Hi Jen, the first pic wouldn’t be Dark Goddess would it, number 4 a chantini and 5 Samurai. I know there are a lot of chantinis getting around lately, Samurai and shogun are both hybrids and I think so is varigata. They are nice looking plants. I was to go to Nambour this weekend but my finances got used up going to Cairns. Maybe next year I can budget for it. There will be some of the Mackay Group down there. Please enjoy it for me too.
Jean Vagans means wandering, so if it gets a chance to grow on the ground it will spread like a weed, but a good weed, good light will bring out some red making it a tricolour. I like the Pink Mosaics, nice shades of a not too often seen colour in broms.
Hi Bree, Nice Neophytums I can’t identify them for you. They certainly have good colour.
Sue I know how to get rid of Housework, it is easy. Create a file and call it Housework. Delete the file and your computer will ask, are you sure you want to permanently remove Housework. Click on yes and Presto Housework is gone.
I’m glad you like the beginnings of my front garden, now I have to study the sun a bit more. Most of it gets a lot of sun from daylight to well into the afternoon. The plants in this situation need to be as tough as nails. The blanchies were there for at least 9 months and did get a bit of burn but not too much.
Nev Enjoy your family.They are more important than broms.
Cody, so you are an overprotective mum, and that is what makes you the person you are.Whatever you do is on your conscience, not anyone elses. Just be yourself. Best of luck in getting a good outcome from court.
Lily_love welcome to the group, enjoy your Bil.
Have a good one
Ian
Pic 1 Neo Bills Gift
Pic 2 Neo Calypso
Pic 3Neo High Voltage
Pic 4 Neo Clarise