Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Upper Midwest Gardening: Spring/Summer Gardening 2013 Let's share pics and stories, 4 by nutsaboutnature

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright nutsaboutnature

In reply to: Spring/Summer Gardening 2013 Let's share pics and stories

Forum: Upper Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Spring/Summer Gardening 2013  Let's share pics and stories
nutsaboutnature wrote:
hugger, sorry the walk didn't work out.
I've used mini blinds with grease pencils and they work pretty well, but they haven't always been available. We might be replacing some which would give me a good supply, though. I've tried some of the stores where they cut them, but that's also a "hit-or-miss". I bought the Lee Valley stakes cause I just wanted to give some really good ones a try.

I'd really like to take pictures of the beds, then either print out the pics and write the names of plants or leave them in the computer and do the same thing. The only problem is it would require really staying on top of the picture taking each time I plant something new or move plants and I'm not that energetic.

We had heavy rain again on Saturday morning, none on Sunday, but the next few days could have thunderstorms.

Cindy, congrats on all the hydrangeas! I think I'm jealous!

Here's some pics of assorted plants I've taken over the last few days:

1) Delphinium - forgot the name, will have to look it up, but it's very Blue with slightly Lavender inner petals.

2) Close-up of same Delphinium

3) Veronica 'Giles Van Hees' just barely beginning to bloom, but I lost some of them this year. Very pretty plant...only about 6" tall.

4) Heucherella 'Stoplight'

5) Heuchera 'Georgia Peach' (right) and Heuchera 'Smoky Rose' with other assorted plants.