Photo by Melody

Upper Midwest Gardening: Spring/Summer Gardening 2013 Let's share pics and stories, 4 by huggergirl

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright huggergirl

In reply to: Spring/Summer Gardening 2013 Let's share pics and stories

Forum: Upper Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Spring/Summer Gardening 2013  Let's share pics and stories
huggergirl wrote:
nuts,Thanks for the ID....I also have Deep Purple ones almost done blooming now..I have no Id on the Purple either. I winter sowed a bunch of Columbine this year Blue Star,Barlow mix I had 2-3 small Barlows bloom this year McKanas giants,William Guinness,Harlequin mix,dragon Fly mix,...I got them all planted in HUNKS...LOL...I also Mixed all of the seed when I sowed them...Hoping for Small blooms maybe next summer

also started some Heirloom Dianthus Clavelina Allwoods Fragrant Village Pink, Im excited to see it bloom its about ready...It was soo cool growing it from seed,I grew quite a few different dianthus from seed this year..I must have pitched those seed packets...I hate it when I do that...Grrr..LOL I buy a lot of those 10 for $1, 4 for $1 seed packets ..then I direct sow a lot and cross my fingers.....Fly By The Seat Of My Pants...I love it...

Im posting photos of my Delphinium Grandiflorum Blue Mirror,It looks huge and beautiful,but the flower buds are kinda look like they got Frosted ...I know that didn't happen ...It must be from all that rain we had...
Photos 1-3 delphinium ,Yess Im lazy about staking up my plants...easy and fast
4-5 Spiderwort ,I have Lavender and white and purple....They look slightly different from each other the lav looks shorter (gets more shade) Puple much taller ..more sun

Tradescantia X Andersoiana someone asked what to do after they bloom...Cut them down almost to the ground,and a new crop of leaves and blooms will soon follow...They are soo cool